Header Ads

The Day Chester Bennington Committed Suicide


Why am I sad? I didn’t even know that man personally.

“Forgetting all the hurt inside
You’ve learned to hide so well 
Pretending someone else can come
And save me from myself
I can’t be who you are.”

He really did mean it. The pain which was inflicted upon his soul, expressed through the songs of his band was genuine. Those words which embraced and soothed the souls of many others and made them feel like they are not alone won’t sound the same anymore. Some may fail to see how the committing suicide of a rock star/ celebrity effect the lives of fans. But their songs and his voice gave us hope that we also have a fighting chance at life and that we can also be happy. That the sadness and numbness we feel will get better because we can relate to those words. But when he couldn’t take it anymore and decide to leave this world it makes us wonder why he couldn’t find a single thing that made him want to live.

“After my dreaming 
I woke with this fear 
What am I leaving
When I’m done here” – Leave Out All The Rest

You left us sadness and shattered the hope of happiness of many. You left us the message that no matter how aware we are of our feelings of emptiness and sadness everyone does have a breaking point. 

Rest In Peace Chester.

Rest In Peace Chalitha. I don’t exactly remember if it was you who introduced me to Linkin Park, but I guess it was you since you were the biggest Linkin Park nut I knew. Sure as hell you were crazy about them. (Your facebook name was Chalitha Hettiarachchi lp) You would’ve been devastated to hear this.

Wherever you are keep head banging. Miss you. 

-Amali Herath-
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Faculty of Engineering

No comments